Saturday, September 8, 2012

Warcaster Kara Sloan

My painting has never been display quality. I paint to have it look good at arms length, the distance viewed by your opponent (because any finished handmade product is never good enough for the craftsperson that made it). In this case the young Cygnarian warcaster Kara Sloan has been turned into Phyllis Diller, alas.

The warcaster herself is very solid but you can't let her get in melee with anyone. Her gun is AWESOME being able to shoot 14" away (16" with her cheap spell Fire Group) and is POW 12 with weaponmaster! She benefits from having ranged jacks and units with her. Her feat is a little confusing but there is an errata for it. I barely won in my first game with her and I'm definitely not the best player around.

I did modify the model. Storage and transport of the model, as seen in the Cygnar army book and as she is sculpted, has the gun pointing straight up. I and my friends did not like that so I altered her to have the gun down. Now she fits in a regular slot in my carry case.
Here it is primed with white Krylon spray paint.
I the armour and frount of the skirt was painted with P3 Cygnar Base Blue, drybrushed with P3 Cygnar Blue Highlight and lightly drybrushed with 50/50 P3 Cygnar Blue Highlight and P3 Frostbite. The gunstock, shoulder bags and belt was painted with P3 Bootstrap Leather.
Then the belt and shoulder bags was drybrushed with P3 Gun Corps Brown. The face was painted with P3 Midlund Flesh and drybrushed with GW Elfland Flesh.
The hair was painted P3 Cygnar Yellow and drybrushed with P3 Menoth White Highlight. The skirt was then painted with the P3 Menoth White Highlight. The metal parts were painted with P3 Ironhull Grey.
The metal parts were then drybrushed with P3 Cold Steel. The bronze details were painted in GW Dwarf Bronze. Here is where it went wrong with the face. Arrrggghhh my models faces! I just need to take more time the next face I work on. I painted the lips with GW Blood Red and I was a little ham-fisted with it. Then I tried the eyes for eyeshadow in P3 Exile Blue. I moved on and painted the end of the gun, scope and bullet parts.
Then I used a wash of GW Gryphon Sepia on the hair and GW Devlan Mud on the rest. The base was first painted with P3 Bootstap Leather. Then dollarstore paint was applied and classic GW Modelling Sand was placed on it. Then little dabs of glue applied and GW Static Grass applied. On the side I put some Army Painter Battlefield Meadow Flowers.
Right Side.
Back.
Left Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts