Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Terran Fleet from Battle of Valhalla Box Set

For the Spartan Games Firestorm Armada starter box set, Storm Zone: Battle for Valhalla, I decided to go with a new paint scheme for my Terran Alliance Fleet. My previous paint scheme is here and it was not dramatic enough.
This is definitely more dramatic and functional. Exactly what is expected of a desperate Earth Force.
 Primed black.
 Drybrushed heavily with dollar store dark grey.
 Lightly drybrushed with dollarstore lighter grey and parts painted with P3 Cygnar Base Blue. Then the blue parts lightly drybrushed in P3 Cygnar Blue Highlight.
 The solar panels were painted with P3 Cygnar blue Highlight and drybrushed with P3 Arcane Blue. The missile doors were painted with P3 Cygnar Yellow. The guns were drybrushed with P3 Cold Steel.
I then used my detailing friend, Prismacolor Premier black fine line marker to take care of the detailing. Its much easier than painting those fine lines with my hands.
 Here's the Terran fleet! One Battleship, three Cruisers, four frigates, four bombers and four fighters. There are more fighters and bombers than normal but that is because of the repair facility. I'm still wondering how to paint that one.
 Close up of the cruisers.
 The Battleship.
 The fighters. I tried to make a star scape but it didn't turn out right, alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts