Friday, August 29, 2014

Malifaux Tourament at Curious Comics


I participated in a Malifaux Tournament on Sunday, at Curious Comics Too!, and enjoyed myself. I played a Perdita Ortego family list and started to enjoy the long range supremacy this gang has. There were six people there and several I have met before so it was nice seeing them again.

The first list that I faced against was a Kirai list with Killjoy as a surprise model. Killjoy is quite the terror when he comes out. I stood my ground and moved out of melee with the Enslaved Nephilium's ability to whittle his forces down. Once Kirai was downed I had an easier time but it was touch and go for a bit.

The second list I faced against was a Hoffman list with MS&U Rail and Metal Gaimens as add-ons. Perdita has the anti-armour/bullit bending upgrade so she tried to take on the approaching construct hordes but she fell in the end. After that I tried to go for victory points but was too far gone, alas.

Several onlookers were interested in the game and one fellow was intrigued enough to get the rules and a crew box. I gave him a spare copy of my game setup and turn sheets for helping him learn the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts