Friday, October 31, 2014

Everything Games and Gaming in Victoria

Last year I talked about all the game stores in Victoria and the new ones opening up (here and here). I was worried that the market would saturate and I would probably have been right ten or more years ago. It seems I am happily wrong.

I recently conducted  a demo of Malifaux at Everything Games (website and facebook) in Langford, a district in Victoria. It opened about seven months ago. Its a little out of the way for me but they have a huge gaming area.

I noticed a month and a bit ago that they started carrying Malifaux and when I mentioned that I could give some demos sometime they were enthusiastic. I conducted a demo game this past Sunday and will do so again this Sunday. They have been doing well and it has filled a large hole in the gaming scene on the Western part of Victoria. The owner is friendly, engaging and knowledgeable.

For eight gaming stores to be within an hour's drive from one another, it shows how gaming is becoming common and not a fringe hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts