Friday, November 28, 2014

Mercenary Rover, Nomad, and Mule Magnetic Jack

The Mercenary Multi-Jack is a good kit made even better by magnetism! I was hesitant to magnetize my multi-Cygnar jacks and now wish I had as it was easy using a drill bit to make the slots for the magnets. Now I only have to get a few more multi-jacks to have the ability to field combinations of these three jacks on the field.

I started off with Krylon black primer spray paint. Then a rough brushing of P3 Traitor Green and shading with P3 Thornwood Green. Additional shading was done with GW Gryphon Sepia and P3 Coal Black mixed 50/50. For highlight I used Traitor Green mixed 50/50 with P3 Menoth White Highlight. Then it was P3 Pig Iron drybrushed heavily on the metal parts. For the damaged slashes I used P3 Thamar black to paint a line and then just below it painted a line of P3 Cold Steel. I then washed it with Army Painter Strong Tone Ink. The base was painted with P3 Gun Corps Brown and arcs painted with P3 Bootstrap Leather.
For the barrel on the Mule I used P3 Bootstrap Leather and drybrushed P3 Rucksack Tan. I want to use it with Constance Blaze's Highborn Covenant list with a unit of Arcane Gunners for some super blowback action.


The Nomad.
The Rover. I particularly like the scratches on this one.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. Magnetic Drill Press Finder

    ReplyDelete

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts