Sunday, April 15, 2018

Gaslands - Amateur League Buggies and Bikes

For Gaslands, I had a thought that it would be good to have teams costing 25 cans (15 cans base plus addons) for quick and learner type of games. That's when I came up with the Amateur League, similar to the Car Wars division 5 games I used to play. The idea is to have 2 buggies and one bike per team. Below is the finished product.

I started off with two packs of these dollar store cars.
I then unscrewed the tops from the bottoms and super glued the wheels and "pull back action" dynamo.
I them peeled off the stickers and used Goo Gone on the residue.
I used various files to put forward and rear mounted weapon barrel holes on.
I then used long-ish glass beads that have a handy hole in the front in using superglue. I also cut zap straps to use as armour and glued those on.
After priming, I wanted to make four teams and therefor came up with four color schemes.
For two of them I had to use accent colors to make them brighter, the blue and green ones.
I then screwed them back together, used either Pig Iron or Cold Steel to paint the metal parts, and painted a numbering system on the spoiler or roof of the buggies.
 I then used two different metal colors (for wheel hubs and details) and for the windows used Arcane Blue and a bit of Menoth White Highlight for a glare effect.
The bikes are from Ramshackle who make great bikes at a perfect scale. I used an x-acto knife on some large dollar store popsicle sticks to fit the minimum 20mm by 30mm footprint for bikes. Also used the same paint colors as on the cars. Once everything was done used Agrax Earthshade to wash the models and make it look aged.
 Team Red.
 Team Green.
 Team Yellow.
Team Blue.

1 comment:

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts