Sunday, May 15, 2022

Bot War - First Game

I played my first game of Bot War on Thursday at Everything Games. It was a 60 point game with three of my Beastlords (Brontous, Arkynor, and Parasolar) vs original starter box Valiants (General Duke, Aegis, Wolf, Angel, and Topstar). The scenario was "protect the cargo" and the Valants won the roll, with my honoured opponent choosing General Duke to carry it to my side of the table.


As promised by the game designer, the game is fast and easy to play with good strategy for deciding what to do. The Bot War cardstock scenery looks great on the table with my N scale cars and trucks. 

It was a fun game. Mistakes I made were not using my model's special abilities sooner so I could engage in melee quicker. Also having Brontous leave cover meant he was shot up sooner and couldn't use his earthquake ability more to take out the Valiants smaller models.

Next game I should have some tokens made for interactable scenery so they can be used as one shot shields, clubs, and such. I also need to make damage tokens. Making a card sized paper guide to each model's special rules will also come in handy. Looking forward to my next game in three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts