Saturday, January 12, 2013

Terraforming

You've seen some of my planets so far.
They are from Corsec Engineering and they make 1.5, 2.5 and 3 and 4 inch acrylic planets. As you can see I painted the larger one as a Gas Giant and the smaller one as a moon. Planets are of variable size in Firestorm Armada however and this makes things difficult for giving a 3-D effect and having all the sizes.
I've been using the regular and apocalypse templates, from Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k, and they represent a good gravity well of the planet.
I recently saw this in the dollar store for $2.50. A nice rubber ball that has a great cloudy pattern on it. I cut it down the middle and...
...it did deflate a little but with a ring support inside it could look very good. The other half had the air input valve and would only look good if I modeled a Romulan mining ship above the hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts