Thursday, August 8, 2013

Skypad

I purchased the Skypad shortly after it was released. Fast forward a few years and playing a lot less GW and I was wondering what other reasons I had for making the model. Infinity, Warmachine, and Malifaux can all use this terrain as a raised platform. With sides down or up its a great centerpiece. It goes together smoothly and does not need a lot of painting finesse.
After priming black, brushing on dollarstore grey paint then drybrushing silver dollarstore paint.
 I found that it makes for a rough appearance befitting its utilitarian use.
 The sides just need a little silver to break up the grey.
Then I used dollarstore blue (eagles) and yellow (caution areas). The yellow took four coats and the blue two. I drybrushed the blue with P3 Cygnar Blue Highlight.
The lights I painted with P3 Skorne Red then lightly with P3 Khador Red Highlight .
Then I painted black caution stripes and various paint on the control panels. I also used my prismacolor pen to write in a number on the pad.
 The height is generous for warjacks, TAGs and monstrous creatures.
I left the ladder assess panels off to better show where they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts