Sunday, May 20, 2018

Lemax Plaza / Batpark

I saw a Lemax Plaza system and thought it would make good terrain for modern or future settings...with a little help. You can make it any shape you wish as it is modular. It also makes for a great Batpark.
 Its great open terrain that can have benches, garbage cans, hot dog stands, and lampposts for cover but have themed openness. Will eventually get accessories to fill it.

The Lemax kit itself needed help as it was kind of ready out of the box but not quite.

I first primed it black, except for the grassy parts. The painted it various shades of dollarstore grey. I then used gorilla glue to stick flock to some cracks to make it look older. I then sprayed with part glue part water and added GW green grass flock and GF9 Dead Grass flock.

Also added GF9 Dead Grass in between various cracks of the tiled pavement.

For a statue, I bought a Batman plastic figure at the dollar store. 
Primed black then painted dollarstore bronze, then Dwarf Bronze. I then put little pigeon droppings on a shoulder. It stuck it to a base from the top of a spray paint can (painted various greys) and stuck a bent plasticard on it painted bronze as well.
I added graffiti in the form of "Kick Me" on the back...exactly something the Joker or another of Batman's more loonier villains would do.
 When deciding what configuration I would use, I can up with the below.
 I then got the idea to stack one on top of the other, at least until I get another set or an expansion with just the squares. It does not stay together well and I'll have to make a thin base of some sort for storage and transportation.
 So it came together quite well, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts