Sunday, December 2, 2018

Carnevale 2 Kickstarter from TTCombat

"Carnevale is a small scale skirmish game focused on freedom of movement combined with brutal combat and impressive magic abilities. Jump from rooftop to rooftop to hunt your opponents's gang, or dive deep into the canals to drown your enemies." 
When Vesper-on, the original manufacturer of Carnevale, went out of business they sold the IP and stock to TTCombat. After a time they released a very successful Kickstarter that I participated in. Three+ years back I had participated in Vesper-on's kickstarter and was impressed with the results but had too many other games on the go. Since then I have painted many models for those games and I think I can diversify enough to add this one to my repertoire so I participated in the TTCombat one with some backpay I received.

The Kickstarter edition of the two player starter has everything you need to play the game, plus extras due to goals levels the company set for bonuses.
 They included cards but there is a good gang builder, with pdf printout option, here. The gangs included int he starter are 100 ducats each, which is a good beginning as most games are 150-200.
 Starter also included cardboard mats for a board, with games being played on a 3ft X 3ft surface. They also included 16 paper buildings and some bridges but regular starter sets will only have eight.
 Dice, templates, and acrylic tokens also came with the starter including a kickstarter coin.
The Raashar are the fish-men cult of the old gods and have various amphibian beasts, magic, and slaves used as snacks for the creatures.
 The Guild are the common folk of Venice organized by the powerful original families of the city.
 I compared the Vesper-on and TTCombat 28mm miniatures and it seems that 28mm is slippery scale. Both are gondoliers but the Vesper-on metal one is leaning a little. Should not matter once they are on the same size bases. The level of detail for both are good.
 One of the levels achieved included an add-on for the starter set that included four more models for each faction: 31 more ducats for Raashar and 40 for Guild.
 I also added a bunch of add-ons that included more Patrician, Guild, Raashar, Gifted, Strigoi models to have full factions when added to my metal Vesper-on models. Plus I got a bunch of MDF terrain, both as levels achieved for free and the rest I bought. The terrain is also sold now by TTCombat here, which I will also use for the Malifaux and Batman miniature games because...why not Batman in Venice?
In 2019 I plan on painting the starter box, starter addons, and scenery with future years adding onto that. Stay tuned to this label thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts