Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Horizon Wars - My Factions

For Horizon Wars, I determined that three main factions would be just right and added two alien ones. The chosen factions are represented by ideological tropes: Insurgency, United, and Sovereignty. To do this, I organized my two spare bags of Wizkids Mechwarrior miniatures I have been trying to sell (as mentioned in my previous blog post). I found it wasn't enough so I got out the containers of all the factions I have except for the Davion/Swordsworn and Kirita/Dragon's Fury miniatures. It was a lot!
At that point I had my pick of the best models for the Horizon Wars rules and the type of setting I wanted. Now I have reorganized them into their factions again, put them in bags, and will probably sell them, otherwise they will collect dust. Local gamers who like the Horizon Wars ruleset and want a cheap way to start up might be interested. After that I may sell them on the Horizon Wars FB page here.

Anyways, as the game is separated into different Eras in the rulebook, I thought that it would be fun to also have different era units for the three factions. Each faction has several light/medium/heavy mechs and more than one type of models for each weight class for variety and specialization.

First up is the United Faction, whom are the moderate government that are trying to do the right thing, is inclusive, favors peace, and has equipment in better condition. In the first era it is the United Nations, second era they are the United Earth, and finally in the third era they are the United Planets. The rulebook does have a fourth era but three eras is fine with me. They specialize in defense.

Second up is the Insurgency, whom will be the rebel/failed state/cooperate/pirate/colonial type faction who are trying to survive for their own benifit. They may be good, bad, or meh and will have many names within each of the eras. They specialize in armor.

Third up is the Sovereignty, whom are the authoritarian/chauvinism/ultra-nationalistic faction. They are the organized antithesis of the United faction. They will also go by many names in the first era, are the Martians in the second era, and will go by many names in the third. They specialize in firepower.

Fourth up is the Confederacy, whom are the aliens descended from horse-like beings. Their mechs have four legs and do not take vehicles. They specialize in movement and firepower and will only be in the third era.

Last, is the Parliament, whom are the aliens descended from avians. Their models resemble birds or bird-like things. They specialize in movement, jumping, and defense. They are also only in the third era.

To begin, I will paint and base Insurgency and United models with some 2 and 1 3/4 inch wooden bases I bought at Bear Woods (Canadian site and American site) to test the game and concept.

I must say that I am quite exited to bring these miniatures out of the darkness of storage for this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts