Sunday, December 20, 2020

Building Under Construction by Kenner

Made by the toy company Kenner, and distributed in Canada by Irwin, this Girder Town Playset was found at a flea market. I had no idea what to do with it at the time but it was quite cheap. During my cleaning up of my hobby area I found it again and began to experiment (play with it). I decided to use it for an unconstructed building terrain piece. 

I do have to give it a steel drybrush, a brown wash and some rust effects but that will wait till the summer.


As you can see below, the scale for the set is a little small for the 35mm figs that the Batman Miniature game uses. Because its a building under construction, modals can easily be moved around.


If you also want to get this set, this is what it looks like. Other sets were made with the same interlocking plastic girder system so one set can be combined with another. I could see this type of toy be used for lots of different scales.


After I was done I had all these left over, so their is potential for more. Be advised that the attachment parts can be fragile but if they break, could use glue if it is a permanent structure or used as rubble.


These were the awful panels that came with the toy. I had no use for them so they were recycled.


These were some horribly drawn interior panels that were also recycled.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts