Saturday, August 4, 2012

Basing the Combined Army Starter Pack

The Combined Army starter pack was $42 Canadian at Dice Bag Games in Duncan, BC and is worth ~180 points. I've played two games with this set and its quite solid and enough rules for each of the models to get your feet wet.
 Here's the starter box.
 Here's my models in a similar setup and pose as on the box frount. Close but not as bright as the box models, alas. I probably should have used less of the washes.

I want an alien like base to go with this faction so here goes.
 Bases were painted P3 Traitor Green.
 They were covered with dollar store paint and were then flocked with Woodland Scenics Yellow Grass, course turf.
 I then flocked them again, without adding more glue, with Gall Force Nine's Winter Grass and pressed them together with my fingers.
  I then dolloped some more glue on top and pressed a few Candlescaping Accents Red Stones in. Then i used a bit of red lichen.
 Around the base I painted the back half GW Chaos Black and the front half GW Warlock Purple. To divide the colors I used a line of GW Skull White.



Now to move onto other projects for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts