Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Markers for Miniature Games

Since Malifaux 2e came out, I wanted to make markers and counters for the game. That way it would eliminate any confusion with who has what condition or counter.
 I started with these wooden disks, from a Canadian company in Nova Scotia called Bear Woods.
They make disks and things of all kinds. I got them for historical miniature gaming but never applied them. They are almost 30mm (one inch) and perfectly fine for what I want. These disks were in my Malifaux 2.0 beta markers and scenery post here.
 I did not find a woodburning kit used but bought it new at Michaels during one of their 40% off one item sales. The one I purchased had a variety of heads, variable temperature for different materials.
 I made a token for my classic Dark Eldar miniatures. I will also use this method for making Space Marine tokens for their Tactical, Assault and Support tokens. I realized after I did it that it would not look good after painting and that I had to do the painting first.
 I purchased some more dollar store paints and made these tokens for Malifaux 2e, using a felt pen. I used a felt pen as I was running a demo at Curious Comics Too Gamecentral! and needed to get them done in a hurry. I made a bunch of flippable Guild and Neverborn Scheme markers (if two gangs of the same factions play against one another), a bunch of flippable claim markers, corpse and scrap tokens, flippable defense and focus counters, five squat counters with flippable "mine" and "not yours" tokens that go on top of it, and one turf counter. I now have all the tokens I need for playing and shared strategies.

After revisiting the Bear Woods page, I realized that the better sized tokens to use would be the one and one-eight sized for 30mm, one and a half for 40mm, and two inch for 50mm. It also makes me realize I could use the larger one for Warmachine wreck markers and anything else I need that size for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts