Saturday, December 9, 2017

Modular Stucco Buildings - Part 1 of 3

Now that I'm starting to get things together to play the Batman Miniature Game, I need more modern terrain. For buildings, I found in my basement some Armorcast "Modular Stucco Buildings" still in the plastic packaging that I bought over ten years ago to play Warhammer 40k. These buildings are currently discontinued but the company will be making new molds sometime in the future.

The scale is 25mm so the doorways, windows, and interiors are a bit off. By not having middle floors on the two story structures I will mitigate this difference.
 I washed the heck out of the resin walls before gluing them together with JB Quickweld. This is because resin models, in particular old resin, has a film on it that is used in the manufacturing process that prevents paint from sticking.
 I sprayed it with Krylon black paint and primer. It was painted and drybrushed with dollar store paints. My wife commented that the roofs look a little bright but that may be solves later in step three of this three part project.
They can also be "combined" to make one big structure. Now onto step two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts