Sunday, July 18, 2021

Armorcast Fuel Containers

I picked up these classic Armorcast fuel containers almost a couple of decades ago. I got it for GW 40k games but since I do not play that at this time I can use it for a variety of games. The kit had the resin base and tops for the cans, you just had to provide the cans themselves. I used tall cans.


I painted the base and tops of the cans with various dollarstore paints. The cans themselves were primed black and sprayed silver. 

After the silver, I put marmite in streaks then sprayed with either the white, red, or blue spray. I then used a toothbrush to gently scrub the marmite off. Now it looks aged and well used. After that it just needed black numbering and a wash of 5:1 water and wood stain.


I also glued metal disks on the bottom and glued magnets on the bottom of the cans to hold them on the base a bit more securely. Now this project is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts