Sunday, July 11, 2021

Enlightened - Diogenes Torpedo Sub

For my new Dystopian Wars faction, the Enlightened, I chose the Diogenes Torpedo Sub. The rights are now owned by Warcradle but in the previous edition, owned by Spartan Games, the faction was called the Covenant of Antarctica and the model was called the Diogenes Frigate. I wanted to use this model to try a paint scheme on for size. 

It was painted with a black primer, rough drybrushed with dollarstore Craftsmart gunmetal, drybrushed with dollarstore Silver, and lightly drybrushed with Privateer Press Radiant Platinum. For the WW1 dazzle camouflage I used Craftsmart Teal Sea and Craftsmart Sailing Sky. The bronze parts were painted PP Rhulic Gold, model washed with GW Nuln Oil, and yellow on dome and turret energy projectors painted PP Cygnar Yellow.


The dazzle camouflage is doing its job by breaking up the silhouette. In WW1 it was used to confuse gunners for range finding. I used a different dazzle camouflage on my Britannia ships


I had 22 of these subs and like the look. I look forward to using this paint scheme on all my Enlightened navy ships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts