Saturday, July 3, 2021

Gaslands Car Barriers

I had some spare crunched cars from my car barrier project three years ago. I wanted to make long and thin barriers so made these ten ones. They are the length of a long straight template and should make good lanes for vehicles to drive down in a race or demolition.


I cut the bases out of plasticard, as I already had the bashed cars. I did rough them up for painting ith a scrubby pad.


I used my dremel tool with rotary end.


It came out really good but I had to give it up because...


...I noticed small things hitting my safety glasses. They were the metal bristles!


I then used my mini grinder.


Here is a closeup of a car with the mini grinder.


I painted the plasticard with dark brown and swirled around lightly a lighter brown.


After I used Gorilla glue to put three to a strip, then came the wood stain mixed with water 5:1.


You saw the results in the first pic and here is a closeup. Do this outdoors and in the open air. Give a few days for the stain to dry and stop giving off fumes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts