Saturday, July 28, 2012

Infinity First Demo and Terrain Setup

A fellow from Vancouver recently moved to Victoria. He has been playing Infinity (a 28mm sci-fi skirmish miniatures game) and was willing to show the game to three others, including myself. I set up my 4 feet by 6 feet table with lots of scenery and some walkways. Next time I have to remember to limit side-to-side firelanes.
Remember, more terrain in Infinity is better. As well, Magners is not only a great cider but also great "liquid containers" for a battlefield with the Armorcast set.
Multi-level terrain is also great as it ads multiple dimensions, but don't do so for the deployment zone, keep it on a single level. This is so you don't provide sniper nests and such early in the game to people.
Old 1:48 vehicle models work well as wrecks. I have more painting and assembling to do.

I really like the game so I've picked up some Combined Army and Haqqislam starters and models, as well as the rules. The rules are free on their website but I like to have the physical books. I'll be talking about Infinity in the next week and showing off some paintjobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts