Saturday, June 9, 2018

Gaslands Amateur League Vehicle Additions

I thought a good way of getting used to the Gaslands rules, for myself and others, would be to make a couple of teams of cars. A Gaslands amateur league if you will. I discovered that most toy car makers rarely venture from the base colors of red, green, blue, and yellow. I picked a good mix of vehicles to rough up that I was not going to use for the sponsored teams. 
These cars are in addition to the buggys and bike I did earlier. Unlike the buggies, I will not add a physical weapon. That way people can choose the things they would like to have on the cars to try out during fun games. Not to worry, my sponsored teams will have weapons and such and be more kitted out than these.

I'll go through a step by step of what I did. Below is the blue team additions I picked. I glued the wheels to prohibit them moving with Gorilla gel glue.
 I then used my Dremel-like tool kit to rough them up. It can make great bullet holes, rocket hits, sideswipes, and collision marks. I did make sure of wearing a mask and safety glasses as well as doing it in my garage. Safety comes first in the world of Gaslands.
 The second set of three blue cars. The one on the far left turned out to be all plastic frame, so its more roughed up than battle damaged now.
After this step I watered down some old wood stain I had, 50/50 mix, and painted it all over the cars. They dried on the back deck over several days because it smells as the stain is evaporating. After they dried I drybrushed some dollar store zap straps steel, cut them up as required, and glued them onto the cars with Gorilla gel glue. Below is the results with the manufacturer and car name from left to right.

Team Yellow

 Hotwheels (HW) Dodge Charger R/T and Matchbox (MB) '03 Mini Cooper S
 HW 1999 '68 Elcamino and HW 2000 Showstopper
 Majorette (MJ) US Van and China 6038 Cherrypicker

Team Green

 MB '98 Porche Boxter and China TC-887
 HW Honda Civic Si and HW 2001 Ballistik
 HW 2002 Power Panel and China 6058P High Speed

 Team Blue

 MB 1999 BMW 3 Series Coupe and Johnny Lightning '04 Pontiac
 HW 2004 Power Pistons and HW 1999 McDonalds toy
 MB 2005 International CXT and China pickup

 Team Red

Maisto VW Golf GTI and China convertable
 HW 2003 16 Angels and HW 2005 McDonalds N66
 HW 1983 019 (Food Truck) and China 6055P Highspeed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts