Sunday, September 20, 2020

Frostgrave - First Game

I played a game for second edition Frostgrave, at a distance, with a friend. Its a fantasy themed campaign skirmish game in a recently thawed lost city of magic and danger. Each player has a band of models led by a wizard of a particular school of magic. Quite fun and looking forward to playing again.

He used mostly Guildball Hunters guild models with two D&D figs. I used mostly Warmachine Khador models with two D&D plastic figs. All the monsters were D&D plastic figs.

Here is an overview of the three by three foot table.

My barbarian trying to engage two wild dogs. It didn't end well...for me.
My thief grabbing treasure.
My friend's wizard and models going around and over an old statue.
My field's apprentice wizard moving through an old crematorium. 
A massive skirmish around the major treasure. It ended up being unclaimed after my models were either reduced to zero health or left the table.
My thief attempting to sneak up to the treasure while my fields archer was engaged with a wild dog. 

A fun first game too three hours and am looking forward to playing again, which should play faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts