Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Space Version of Horizon Wars...with LEGO Building Blocks

 During my vacation over the holidays, I was tidying up my LEGO for building Frostgrave terrain (as seen on the interwebs at Bricks and Blocks Gaming) and noticed that I had a lot of cool parts for making small spaceships. The investigation turned into a fun holiday project to build space version of Horizon Wars unit types that are different than the terrestrial versions I have made. Below is an image of the overview of the four factions I have made from bottom to top, United, Sovereignty, Insurgency, and Unknown with Generic models thrown in. 


I have also discovered that the third rulebook for the Robey Jenkins series, first two Horizon Wars (2-10mm scale) and Zero Dark (15-32mm scale), will be called Infinite Dark and will be a spaceship combat game. This will come out in late March 2021 in a digital version. Until the rules are launched I will use Horizon Wars rules with slight modifications.

Here are the Infantry models of the four factions. I will alter the name for the ability some infantry have called "Dig In" to "Evasive Maneuvers". I also have made space names for the unit types and the original Horizon Wars name is in brackets.

Fighter (Light Infantry)


Fast Fighter (Mobile Infantry)


Heavy Fighter (Heavy Infantry)


Scout (Recon)


Bombers (Light Artillery)



Covert Fighter (Airbourne Infantry)


Rangers (Special Forces)



Further posts will detail the larger ships of the four factions and the universal ships, separate post per faction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts