Sunday, March 8, 2015

Battle for Proteus Prime - Lamana Medium Skimmer

So late last year, a friend and I went in on two Planetfall "Battle for Proteus Prime" starters. He already plays Dindrenzi so I took the Aquans. I was interested in trying out a wave-looking wash pattern.

First up is the Medium Skimmer, the Lamana.

I started primed with Krylon black.
I then roughly drybrushed with dollar store Ivory and put on some GW Thraka Green wash.
Behold the power of washes! Then I applied two coats of GW Ashuruman Blue wash, drybrushed dollarstore purple on the bumpy vents, dollarstore metal on the pipes and some metal parts and finally on the focusing crystal, dollarstore light blue and drybrushed ivory.
The base was primed black, drybrushed dark brown and lightly drybrushed light brown. GW flock was applied to give it some depth.
I also had to use GW liquid greenstuff to attach the tank to the stand as it didn't fit well.
As I had two starters worth of these, I now have six medium skimmer tanks. I think they look pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts