Friday, June 14, 2013

Ruins of Osgiliath

The LOTR terrain pack was very flimsy and didn't have any weight to it in look or feel. I haven't painted it yet for that reason. That's why I like the Ruins of Osgiliath terrain set. So I bought two used ones, still in its packaging, last year
I started with the terrain primed black. Then I drybrushed dollarstore dark grey and then moderatly drybrushed it in lighter grey. For the wood bits it was dollarstore dark brown then lighter brown. I then glued green GW flock at various spots on the terrain to give it a more ruined feel.
Two sets make for a good spread of terrain. Its multi-level too.
  Even though the scale for LOTR is slightly smaller, everything fits in well.
The different levels can add to the tactics employed. I can see using this terrain for Warmachine, Hordes, Infinity and Malifaux.


When pushed together they can be a good ruined enclosed or open building.

Same for the other building too. The statues can be addons to the buildings or standalone obstructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts