Friday, November 13, 2020

Frostgrave Rubble

 To make the game more interesting, I made ten rubble terrain units to slow down models and provide light cover/intervening terrain to help models be harder to hit from ranged attacks. It worked quite well in the first game we played with them.

I started with pink styrofoam sheets I had around.


I then used a hotwire to slice strips then sliced the strips into equal length blocks.


The hotwire device I used was this one.


I then shook them up in a drum with rocks. However next time I will use harder rocks as the dust created meant I needed to wash the styrofoam afterwards.


Here is the difference between an un-rocked styrofoam block and a rocked one. The edges smooth out nicely but the softer stones didn't make the indentations I wanted.


You can make a lot quite quickly once you get into the zone.


I then sliced up the styrofoam and used both parts to make the rubble.


I then mixed glue, grit, and black temera paint i had lying around to give some smaller rubble texture. I then drybrushed the rocks dark grey and lightly brushed them grey. The ground I painted dark brown. I added some snow on fresh craft glue to areas and acheived the snow effects. The Army Painter battlefield snow worked best.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts