Saturday, April 20, 2019

Horizon Wars - United Faction - Vehicles and Special Units

With my United faction, for Horizon Wars era 1, I have finished the models I intend to use for Vehicles. I used Wizkids Mechwarrior plastic miniatures in 10mm or 1/185 scale or between N and Z scale.

I wanted at least five of each type, shown here left to right: 3 upgraded Heavy Cavalry, 7 Light Calvary, 5 Heavy Cavalry, and 5 Armoured Artillery.
They were painted with dollarstore paints, Khador Red, and Arcane Blue. Here they are with a Canadian quarter the same rough size as an American quarter

Light Cavalry

Heavy Cavalry

Armoured Artillery

Also have an upgraded Heavy Cavalry, I am thinking a P4, but no rules exist for that...yet. Can always have it as a command point upgraded Heavy Cavalry, say 3CP for +1 M, F, and D. (Edit: Will use super-heavy rules to make this a P4 or P5 Hvy Cav)

The next ones are models that rules have not been written for but I decided to make them for the heck of it in case they are created or for scenarios I come up with.

Mobile HQ which could be a stand-in for a Heavy Cavalry CHQ.

Mobile Hospital. This could be featured as a P2-P3 mech with the engineering ability except it only works on Infantry, with lots of D.

Repair Vehicle which could also be a Mech with the Engineering ability and lots of D.

Light Transports. Could have these as P1 fliers with Hover feature and carrying one P1 Infantry.

Heavy Transports. Could have these as P2 or P3 fliers with the Hover feature and carrying 2-4 P worth of dudes.

Light Cavalry Anti-Air which could be depicted as a P2 mech with anti-aircraft and short/medium range features.

2 comments:

  1. Great army. And I'm thrilled that you enjoy the Era 1 setting. But I assure you that there are rules for P4+ elements.

    https://www.wargamevault.com/m/product/188376

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robey Jenkins! I'll take a gander at the superheavy rules.

      Delete

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts